All About Medical SEO
Does your medical practice website have an engaging and dynamic internet presence? Is your medical website making money for you? Is your website creative and unique enough to attract new patients and do you have a profitable internet marketing strategy in place? If the answer to the above is yes and your website is still failing to produce the desired results, it is time you consider medical SEO. According to statistics, around 8 million Americans look for medical information online every day. Medical SEO or search engine optimization can help you increase your website’s visibility and ensure that more and more of these 8 million people visit your medical website.
Why Medical SEO?
Medical SEO aims to generate more revenues by optimizing your medical practice website to what the major search engines look for. In order to achieve this, you will need to have more people visiting your medical website and more visitors becoming patients. SEO involves a number of techniques, such as search engine optimization, email and website marketing, and website optimization, which increase the chances of your website appearing among the first few links on a search engine results page. This is important because 90 percent of all web users never go beyond the first three organic search engine results page. Also, 70 percent of all internet users prefer organic results. SEO can help you transcend these barriers.
Some other benefits of SEO for medical websites are:
1. Higher return on online investment
2. Higher visitor to patient conversion
3. High international profile with a relatively low outlay
4. Higher volume of unique site visits
Medical SEO Techniques
Here are some of the most important medical SEO techniques, which can help improve your website’s visibility.
1. Keyword Research: To begin with, medical practices and health care organizations can list keywords relevant to their services, treatments, specialization, conditions and diseases treated, and geographical location.
2. Link Building: Search engines rate the authority, relevance and importance of your website depending on how many other sites link to your website. To generate legitimate links, you will need to put up great content, which will attract more visitors and showcase you as an authority in the field. Another way of building links organically is by using social media marketing. This involves marketing your services through social media networks, such as Twitter and Facebook.
3. On site Optimization: To ensure that the search engine can crawl and index your website properly, you will need to use on site optimization techniques. Basic strategies include creating alt tags, a site map, and header tags along with internal anchor text links, which contain target keywords.